A website I’ve discovered recently posted a cogent article on navigating your job search during these perilous times. I’ve summarized the strategies below:
“Companies may not be hiring be hiring today, because they’re trying to figure out how to do business virtually, but they will be hiring.” – Danielle Beauparlant Moser, blt Careers, Asheville, NC.
A mix of reality & encouragement.
- How urgent is your present search? Do you have enough savings/cash/investments to enable you to step back and wait for a more robust hiring environment?
- How comfortable are you working online? Face it, we’re living in a virtual environment. Navigating that reality is a prerequisite for success.
- Keep in touch. Discover how you might provide a benefit for target employers you’ve already contacted. Reach out to ask, “How can I help you during these challenging times?
- Collect Intel. Examine how your target companies are dealing with the pandemic. Are they proactive or resting on their laurels?
- Build in time for reflection. This is a time to re-examine who you are: your passions, your ambitions, your strengths, what you can give to an employer and the world at large.
- Strengthen your skills. It’s now or never. Take this time enhance what you can bring to the interview table.+——-