January is the time for new year resolutions. (Or so we tell ourselves. 😊) Yet research tells us 80% give up on their resolutions by February. Only 8% reach their goals they set in January. Discouraging right?
Here are some tips I hope you find helpful in attacking your resolutions:
- If you have multiple resolutions, focus completely on one for several months. This will keep you from overloading your circuits.
- Start slow; take small steps. Be the turtle rather than the hare.
- Cut yourself some slack; acknowledge your failings but don’t beat yourself up. Perfection is a delusion.
- Create the right setting. Try working on your feet rather than sitting at a desk. Take time to walk or stretch.
- Stretch yourself by learning new things.
If you take time to build these strategies into your daily routine, you’ll find those resolutions can be accomplished.
Let me know how you’re doing.