Career planning is about asking key questions that illuminate the key factors you face in getting a new job, securing a consulting contract, or starting a new business. Here are some you might consider.
- Do you know what specific job you want and can you describe the same to anyone who asks?
- How much time are you prepared to spend on your career design and development?
- How are you dealing with stress, anxiety or depression around your job search?
- How many organizations have you identified as job targets?
- How many individuals have you identified who have the power to hire you, grant a consulting contract, or fund your business?
Answering and responding to these questions will provide you with information and strategies that bring success.