Why should you choose to hire a career coach? Do you think you can design and secure a great job yourself? Perhaps you can, perhaps not. The job marketplace is far more complex than ever before. The exponential growth of information, technology and globalization has transformed our world. Manufacturing is being outsourced to nations far beyond our borders. Corporations, beholden to their shareholders, are shedding executives and mid-level professionals alike.
A qualified career coach should be able to provide a broad package of services to guide you to:
- Envision a meaningful career as well as a job
- Identify your talents and skills
- Work through fears and resistance
- Tap into your success pathways
- Design and implement strategies to bring you face-to-face with the person who can hire you, give you a consulting contract, or fund your business
Each of these modalities is essential to any well-designed career plan. Don’t consider any coach who cannot provide you with all of them.