Whether you are currently employed and seeking another job or have been downsized, you need a home office. It’s a great help in organizing your career.
The keys to setting it up are
- Select an area where you feel comfortable.
- Stock your space with office supplies, resumes and cover letters, calendar and message pads.
- Keep resources such as books and magazines close at hand.
- Add listings of target organizations and newspaper ads.
- Your office should be kept quiet; eliminate outside noise when making business calls.
Creating your home office demonstrates you are serious about taking the next step in your career development.