Career networking, conducting informational interviews, and changing jobs or careers is inherently stress producing. You need to work hard and spend time, but you also need to work smart. This is one of four dimensions mentioned by Tony Schwartz and Catherine McCarthy in yesterday’s post.
Here are 5 proven ideas to replenish your physical energy while engaged in your current job and planning your next job:
- Choose an earlier bedtime.
- Do aerobics and strength training 3 – 4 times per week. Hire a personal trainer to guide you in the beginning.
- Schedule small meals and light snacks throughout your day.
- Notice when you energy is flagging (yawns, restlessness, hunger pangs)
- Schedule regular breaks away from your desk at 90 – 120 minute intervals.
If you incorporate these strategies into your daily routine, you should notice you feel better within two to three weeks.
Return to our site tomorrow for tips to replenish your emotional energy.