Let me set the scene for you. You are employed. Your job is OK. You’re paying your bills. The spouse and the kids are happy and content. Life is pretty good. So why are worried about your future security?
For a very good reason. Our political system is broken. We’ve managed – at the 11th hour – to avoid falling of the fiscal cliff. But there is no grand bargain, no true willingness to compromise. The next battle will be over the debt ceiling. Uncertainty rules the day.
Now is the time to examine your financial and career options. There are three elements which are always constant: death, taxes and change. You cannot determine when you will die. You cannot control what our elected officials determine your taxes will be. You can, however, prepare for change and relieve your anxiety in the bargain.
For 2013 I’m offering a new program: Your Annual Career Check-up. It’s open to anyone who currently has a job but who is deeply concerned about the long term stability of and satisfaction within that job. This is your opportunity to decrease your anxiety by:
- Visiting my office for a free, no obligation session
- Completing a Career Health Assessment
- Discussing your present employment status
- Identifying what you like or don’t like about your present job
- Discussing your employer’s financial stability
- Identifying strategies for coping successfully with economic uncertainty.